PO Box 52
- General Queries 0845 124 2424
- Fax 0127 437 2800
- Website www.yorkshirewater.com
- Online Contact form Email
- 24 hour automated service 0845 124 7247
- Leakage 0800 573 553
- Asian language helpline 0845 124 2421
- Text telephone/Minicom 0845 124 2423
Billing enquiries are open from 8am – 8pm on Monday to Friday and 9am – 5pm on Saturday. Water and waste water enquiries are open from 6.30am – 10pm on Monday to Saturday and 7.30am – 10pm on Sunday.
Yorkshire Water is part of the Kelda Group which provides water and sewerage to 1.7 million households in the Yorkshire area. Over 1 billion litres of drinking water are supplied to customers every day and about a billion litres of waste water is taken away and treated.
All this treatment and supply takes place across more than 700 water and sewerage treatment works and 120 reservoirs and 40,000 miles of pipe work transports the water and wastewater.
- Water and Sewerage Company.
- Water in this area is generally hard. More specific information about water hardness can be obtained from the companies website.
- 99.95% of water quality tests carried out in 2003 met Water Supply standards.
Yorkshire Water boast a high level of customer service. They hold the Government’s prestigious Charter Mark for service excellence, and have received both national and international awards.
In 2004 Yorkshire Water were voted Utility Company of the Year ahead of all water, gas, electricity and telecoms companies.
Yorksire Water have a customer charter which promises that certain standards are met in order to provide the highest level of customer service. This includes offering customers compensation where promises are not kept in relation to complaints, appointments, water quality and interruptions to services.
There is a ‘Helping Hands’ service which offers extra help to those customers who may need it. This includes:
- Bills in large print, Braille or read over the telephone for the visually impaired.
- Help reading your meter.
- Special arrangements for informing about interruption to supply, either by home visit or text telephone.
- If you have medical requirements and are registered then help installing a temporary water supply can be arranged.
- Visiting staff always carry ID cards for added security and peace of mind.