Claverton Down Road
- Website www.wessexwater.co.uk
- Email email@example.com
- Billing and customer services 0845 600 3600 (8am to 6pm, Monday to Friday)
- Emergencies and operational problems 0845 600 4600
- Sewage floodline 0845 850 5959
- Meter reading 0845 850 0018
- Debit/credit card bill payment 0845 600 1019
- Leakstoppers 0800 692 0692
- Minicom and Text Telephone 0845 730 0619 (8am to 6pm, Monday to Friday, emergency service at other times)
Wessex Water operates across a large area of the South West, including Dorset, Somerset, Bristol and Wiltshire. Both water and sewerage services are provided across 10,000 square kilometres supplying 1.2 million people with water and 2.5 million people with sewerage services.
Water is supplied to Wessex water customers via 320 storage reservoirs, 95 treatment plants and 385 million litres a day are provided to households and businesses through 11,000 km of water mains.
As well as this, there are 15,000 kilometres of sewers, 392 sewage treatment works and 1,314 pumping stations treating and transporting 480 million litres of sewerage daily.
- Water and Sewerage Company.
- Water in this area is soft to moderately hard. More specific information about water hardness can be obtained from the companies website.
- 99.93% of water quality tests carried out in 2003 met Water Supply standards.
Customer Care Plus
Wessex Water Promise
This promise ensures that Wessex water keeps to a high standard of service. Customers are guaranteed that this level of service will be maintained, and compensation is offered if not.
Customer Care Plus
Extra services to the elderly, disabled and those with additional needs.
Customers can register for this free service offering:
- Text telephone
- Braille, large print and audio bills
- Doorstep security password system
For more information on your water service you can contact Wessex Water for leaflets:
- Surface water drainage: 0845 601 5 982
- Meter option: 0845 601 5 983
- Charges explained: 0845 606 6 271
- Talking leaflet explaining rateable value: 0845 606 6 269
When you request to switch to a meter, it will normally be installed within 30 days. You will then only be charged for the water you use from the date the meter is fitted.
If your meter is not fitted within 30 days then your unmeasured charges will be stopped at the end of that period and your metered bill will begin when we fit the meter.