United Utilities Water
Billing – Metered customers
PO Box 50
Billing – Unmetered customers
PO Box 459
- Billing – Domestic customers, metered 0845 746 2222
- Billing – Domestic customers, unmetered 0845 746 1100
- Business customers 0845 746 2255
- Difficultly paying your bill 0845 746 2034
- Leakline 0800 330 033
- Water and wastewater enquiries & emergencies 0845 746 2200
- Pollution hotline 0800 195 1230
Customer services are open from 8am – 7pm on Monday to Friday and 8am – 1pm on Saturday.
United Utilities was created by the merger of North West Water and Norweb in November 1995. They are responsible water and wastewater networks as well as regulated electricity distribution in north west England and provide 2.9 million households with 2,022 million liters of water per day. The majority of water supplied comes from reservoirs with a small percentage from aquifers. Untied Utilities manage 140 treatment works, 381 service reservoirs and pump water through 40,600 KM of mains pipes.
- United Utilities provide water as well as dealing with the removal of waste water.
- The water that United Utilities supply is classed as soft to moderately hard.
United Utilities operate a Guaranteed Standards Scheme to ensure that all their customers receive a high standard of service at all times. Compensation is offered if deemed appropriate. United Utilities operate a Vulnerable Customer Scheme for their customers who receive certain benefits, as well as certain allowances for specific medical conditions. If you would like to apply for this then contact United Utilities on:
WaterSure (formerly known as our Vulnerable Customer Scheme) provides financial assistance to metered customers who use large amounts of water for essential purposes.
Telephone: 0845 309 3001
Minicom: 0808 143 1195