Veolia Water East
Veolia Water East Ltd
- Website Veolia Water East
- Email email@example.com
- General and Billing Enquiries 0845 1489288
- Emergency 0845 1489299
- Payment Helpline 0845 1482911
Customer services are open from 8am – 6pm on Monday to Friday.
Tendring Hundred Waterworks Company was set up in 1884 in an attempt to improve the quality and quantity of the water supply in the busy Harwich port area. The company gradually expanded over the years to supply neighbouring areas and today supplies 150,000 people in 70,000 homes and businesses with 26 million litres of water a day. In July 2009 the name was changed to Veolia Water East Limited.
There are two treatment works and 9 service reservoirs across the Tendring peninsula area and water is transported to its users via 910 km of water mains.
- Water Only Company. Sewerage services in this area are supplied by Anglain Water.
- Water in this area is generally hard but can vary, more specific information can be provided by Veolia Water East.
- 100% of water quality tests carried out in 2003 met water supply regulations. (4,000 tests of water from treatment works, storage reservoirs and customers’ own taps are tested each year).
- Veolia Water East has the highest proportion of properties supplied by water meter in the country.
Veolia Water East are pleased to be the only water company in the country to be able to offer their customers a decrease in water charges over the next 5 years. With these price limits in place, they are confident that they will be able to continue with the high level of quality and service previously offered.
There is a customer care Guarantee to ensure efficient customer services and a good quality water supply. Compensation is offered to customers if standards are not met.
Watercare service for the elderly and disabled includes:
- Large print or audio cassette bill.
- Minicom facilities.
- Password scheme for home visits.
- Confidential register for customers who may need special assistance.