Portsmouth Water Ltd
P.O. Box 8, West Street
- Head office 023 9249 9888
- Minicom (0345) 585873
- Water account enquiries (023) 9249 9666
- Water meter enquiries (023) 9244 9090
- Water quality enquiries (023) 9249 9888
- Operations centre 24hr Emergency Service (eg Broken Mains, Leaks, Loss of supply)
Havant (023) 9247 7999
- Email email@example.com
- Website www.portsmouthwater.co.uk
Portsmouth Water is an Independent water supplier supplying water to over 280,000 customers in the Portsmouth area since 1857. An area of 868 sq km of the South East is supplied including the towns of Portsmouth, Fareham, Gosport, Havant, Chichester and Bognor Regis.
Over 3000 kilometres of water pipes transport treated water to 286,680 properties supplying 654,800 people. Water is taken from 21 water sources including 2 springs and 1 river and 21 reservoirs and 20 treatment works provide 175 million litres of water a day to Portsmouth Water’s customers.
437 sewage treatment works collects Northumbrian Water’s waste water via 683 sewage pumping stations and 15,484 km of sewers.
- Water only Company, sewerage supplied by Southern Water.
- Lowest water supply charges in England and Wales.
- Water in this area is generally hard. More specific information can be obtained by Portsmouth Water.
- 99.9% of water quality tests carried out in 2003 met regulations.
Portsmouth Water pride themselves on offering a high level of service despite having the lowest prices. They operate a ‘Guaranteed Standards Scheme’ which outlines the level of service customers should expect to receive.
This includes a promise to answer queries, keep appointments, deal with complaints and ensure water supply is kept at good quality. They offer compensation if certain problems are encountered or if requirements are not met.
- Minicom for customers with hearing and speech difficulties.
- Telephone to tell customers bill amount before sending.
- Password system available for home visits.
- Register of customers with special needs.