Customer Accounts Centre
PO Box 200
- Head office main switchboard 0870 6084820 (Mon – Thurs 08:00 – 18:00 Fri 08:00 – 17:30)
- Water and sewerage 0845 717 1100 (24 hour service)
- Billing enquiries 0845 733 5566 (Mon – Fri 08:00 – 20:00 Sat 08:00 – 13:00)
- To report a leak 0800 393084 (24 hour service)
- To report a flood 0800 3287648 (24 hour service)
- Minicom 0845 723 1254
- Property Solutions 0870 241 7408 (Mon – Fri 09:00 – 17:00)
- Website www.nwl.co.uk
Northumbrian Water provides water and waste water services in North East England and are part of the Northumbrian Water Group. They are one of the UK’s ten water and sewerage companies and provide services to almost 2 million properties.
Water is pumped out to its customers via 16,789km of water mains which are supplied by 242 service reservoirs and 35 water treatment plants.
437 sewage treatment works collects Northumbrian Water’s waste water via 683 sewage pumping stations and 15,484 km of sewers.
- Combined Water and Sewerage company.
- Water in this are is generally hard, more information can be obtained from Northumbrian water.
- 99.2% of tests carried out on northumbrian water in 2003 met water quality regulations.
- ‘OurPromise’ offers customers a guarantee that certain standards of customer care will be met. This promises compensation if appointments are missed or if enquiries and complaints are not dealt with.
- Complaints are promised to be replied to within 10 working days.
- Computerised register so special services can be provided to customers with special needs.
- Home visits available.
- Bills available in large print, Braille and can be read over the phone.
- Information can be provided in alternative languages.
- Minicom line and specially trained staff to aid customers with hearing difficulties.
- Calls via BT Typetalk:
- For billing enquiries the number is 18001 0845 733 5566.
- For non-billing enquiries the number is 18001 0845 717 1100.