90 Fulbourn Road
- Customer services 01223 706050
- 24 hour emergency line 01223 706050
- Minicom 01223 403098
- Fax 01223 214052
- Email Feedback Form
Cambridge Water was first established as The Cambridge and Town Waterworks, a company set up to supply fresh water to the town and University in 1853. The company gradually extended the area it supplied locally and by 1963 was responsible for supplying the five local authorities and two bulk supply joint water boards. In 1996 the company was re-registered as Cambridge Water PLC and the group is today owned by Cheung Kong Infrastructure Holdings Ltd.
Cambridge Water supplies water to customers in an area of 453 square miles in South Cambridgeshire. An average of nearly 75 million litres of drinking water is supplied to 293,350 customers.
- Water Only company. Sewerage services are supplied by Anglian Water.
- Cambridge is generally a hard water area. More information is available direct from Cambridge Water.
- Water tests in 2009 showed that 100% of samples complied with water quality regulations.
Cambridge water offers a high level of customer service.
They operate a Guaranteed Standards Scheme which includes paying compensation if appointments are not met, if queries are not answered and complaints are not dealt with.
- Register of customers with special needs.
- Password system for home visits.
- Bills available in large print and Braille.
- Bills can be read over the phone or sent to a nominated friend or relative.
- Water meter can be moved to easier location for customers with disabilities to access.