PO Box 770
- Billing and general enquiries 08457 91 91 55
- Water or sewage services and requirements 08457 145 145
- Emergencies 08457 145 145
- Minicom 0800 917 5901
- Freephone leakline 0800 771 881
- Language line 08457 91 91 55
- 24 hr Emergency contact 08457 145 145
- Email Feedback Form
Anglian Water is part of the AWG plc group and supplies water and wastewater services to the largest geographical area of all the water companies in England and Wales. Anglian Water serves East Anglia, East Midlands, providing water and wastewater services to around 6 million industrial, commercial and residential customers.
Anglian Water operates in one of the driest regions of the country with only 600mm of rain per year. They supply over one billion litres of water every day through their extensive network of 36,000 kilometres of water mains. Anglian Water is also responsible for 1,007 sewage treatment works in East Anglia and the East Midlands.
The company is located in the east of England and employs approximately 10,000 staff across the UK.
- Anglian Water is responsible for both water and sewerage.
- Anglian Water is generally a hard water area.
- In 2003 Anglian Water carried out 235,570 tests and 99.70% of these tests complied with the Regulations set by OFWAT.
Anglian Water has its own Codes of Practice and Domestic Customer Charter, which outlines a certain level of service that you can expect from them. If these levels of service are not met then compensation is offered.
They offer WaterCare service where vulnerable customers can register for specific services or assistance. Services include:
- Visits to inform visually impaired customers of interruption to supply.
- Special arrangements for those with medical conditions who rely on a constant water supply.
- Large print, braille bills and bills read over the telephone or sent to a relative or friend.
- Minicom service for those with speech or hearing difficulties.
- Help reading your meter where required.