Making a Complaint


If you encounter a problem and would like to complain to your water or sewerage company then you should contact your local company by calling, emailing or writing to them. Each company may have its own specific procedure. They should also have a policy of replying to you within a specific time. Water regulations require companies to send a written reply within 10 working days of receiving your letter.

If you have made a complaint and followed it up through your company’s procedure but are still not satisfied with the response you have received or how it has been dealt with, then you can contact the Consumer Council For Water (CCWater), who can investigate your complaint. This is a free service.

If you would like to contact the Consumer Council For Water (CCWater) or make a complaint direct then visit their website.